Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Song : Still Standing (Lakewood : Free To Worship)

I have always loved STILL STANDING, even when Israel Houghton did it in the Alive in South Africa album. It was brilliant!

The song is an upbeat song and its another great song written by Cindy Cruse Ratcliff and Israel Houghton!! Woo Hoo ... loved it! I like what they did this time in Free To Worship's recording.

The song was slightly slower (or felt slower) and they threw in a medley to a Hymn!! Yes .. trust Lakewood to do great things like that in familiar songs.

Still Standing is the second song in the CD, and the medley only jumped into a two liner from a Hymn. It proclaims






On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand


Yups ... we stand on Christ our Rock, and when we are Standing with Jesus .. nothing .. and nothing can shake us!! :) I love the truth that is always potrayed in the songs that Israel writes. So if you've not done this song yet .... listen to it in the video below and go teach it in your church this week!! :) WOO HOO!!! I'm STILL STANDING! !




Lyrics STILL STANDING
Chords - here


Verse1
You gave me courage to believe
That all Your goodness I would see
And if it had not been for You standing on my side
Where would I be

Chorus
If not for your goodness
If not for your grace
I don’t know where I would be today
If not for your kindness
I never could say I’m still standing
If not for your mercy
If not for your Love
I most likely would have given up
If not for your favour
I never could say I’m still standing
But by the grace of God

Verse2
To You I lift my offering
And set my heart on higher things
For if it had not been for You Standing on my side
Where would I be?

Bridge
I'm still standing
I'm still standing
I'm still standing
But by the grace of God
(Repeat)

Hymn
On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand


Watch the Video of STILL STANDING
(Lakewood Church Free To Worship // Video : displays stils & lyrics)





Watch this other Version of STILL STANDING
(Live Worship at Lakewood Church)






[tags : ]

No comments: