Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Song : At The Cross - Mighty To Save (Lakewood - Free To Worship)

I absolutely love the way Lakewood re-did/remixed At The Cross. At the Cross & Mighty To Save are two powerful songs released from Hillsong's Mighty To Save album.

But Lakewood redid the song so much better (from my perspective that is). Hills did it in a rather reflective way, the song At the Cross started slow and was slowly built up.

In Lakewood however, At The Cross was a medley from It Is Well With My Soul and it was in an upbeat tone and it really brings up the worship really really well! Loved it! And I simply love the medleys that Lakewood does in all of their albums. So it was a happy surprise when they medley At The Cross to Might To Save .... loved it!!! :)

The thrust and themes of the two songs are well represented too!! Its an amazing jump from one song to the other cos the Original Key for At The Cross is "E" and Mighty To Save is "A".
Watch the video and listen to how they medley the jump from song to the other. Another point to take note is that Lakewood did not do Verse3 (which i personally feel its Darlene's personal verse).


Lyrics AT THE CROSS
Chords - here

Verse 1
Oh Lord You've searched me,
You know my way;
Even when I fail You,
I know You love me.
Your holy presence
Surrounding me
In every season,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

Chorus
At the cross I bow my knee,
Where Your blood was shed for me,
There's no greater love than this.
You have overcome the grave,
Your glory fills the highest place,
What can separate me now?

Verse 2
You go before me,
You shield my way,
Your hand upholds me;
I know You love me.

Verse3
And when the earth fades,
Falls from my eyes,
And You stand before me,
I know You love me;
I know You love me.

Bridge:
You tore the veil, You made a way
When You said that it is done.



Lyrics Mighty To Save
Chords - here

VERSE 1
Everyone needs compassion
Love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

CHORUS
Saviour
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

VERSE 2
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

BRIDGE
Shine Your light and let the whole world see
We're singing
For the glory of the risen King




Video of Lakewood's At The Cross (Medley to) Mighty To Save
(Video : displays stils & lyrics)















[tags : ]

No comments: